1. IMPORTANT: Torrent invite is the oldest bittorrent invite forum still alive on the web. Before registering please let it be known, Traders, sellers, ratio cheaters are NOT welcome here.
  2. Join here today for all the latest news and info about the Private bittorrent scene. Gain invites through friends and official tracker recruitment. Click here to signup
  3. HTML Online Editor Sample

IMPORTANT NOTICE - PLEASE READ

PLEASE DONT CONFUSE THIS FORUM WITH OTHERS OF A SIMILAR NAME.  THE TRADING OF INVITES AND ACCOUNTS ON THIS FORUM IS FORBIDDEN AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN.  ANYONE OFFERING TO TRADE INVITES OR ACCOUNTS WILL BE BANNED INSTANTLY

Seed.St

Discussion in 'SB Reviews,' started by Maelstrom, Jan 24, 2015.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1 / -0
    Name: seed.st
    Speed: 1GB Download 10/10, Upload 8/10 (it honors what they advertise though)
    Support: 9
    GUI: ruTorrent v3.4
    Speed of GUI: 8/10
    Package: 1gbit SSD with 100 HD
    Price: $7 a week
    Overall rating: 9/10
    Ease of Use/Configuration: 9/10 (Missed the feature that enables you to change ports since the one I used was blacklisted on one tracker).

This was my first overall experience with a seedbox, and at first I was kind of worried.
    Then I got the link to the site with a user name and password and that was all I needed, I didnt spend 2 minutes in getting the hang of it since It requiered zero configuration, it was all ready to go. I just added a couple of torrents and I was marveled.
    Download speed is lightning fast, never saw a 17 Gb torrent went down in less than 2 minutes (remember Im a noob).
    Upload speed is not as fast as the download but it is transparent in their site, since this seedbox come with a 30Mb/s average upload, I just hoped for it to be faster.

After 3 days I had uploaded close to 70 Gb of the 90 I downloaded in the first day, so in tracker times you could say I managed to get a .8 ratio in the mandatory 72 hours (for most trackers that is), I can´t imagine what would happened in long term seeding. The mystery of the users with hundreds of terabytes finally unfolds :)

I send them an email requesting assistance regarding a change of listening port and they answered within 72 hours and my problem was solved.

Finally the GUI was super easy to use but I simply wasn´t able to select more than one torrent at a time... uuurgh (possibly my noobness here so...).

Overall a good seed box, super easy to use,good service, and lighting fast download. Not so fast upload, and the impossibilty of selection more than one torrent in the guy adds for the final grade of 9/10.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    gwelsh1

gwelsh1 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / -0
    This was the most affordable seedbox I use to use back in the days :)